Sunday, January 5, 2014

Frozen Movie Review

Disney's new animated movie Frozen came out the day before Thanksgiving receiving a big 20.7 million dollars in the weekend box office, crowning itself the official "Winter movie queen" (see what I did there? ;) concluding the end of the 2013 cinema year. I know, i know, enough with the facts right!? Well...brace yourself for the critiques of a major Disney Fan!


Disney's new frozen was GREAT, but sadly it falls just a few snowflakes short of Disney's average rating of AWESOME. Now, I am not saying in anyway that the animated musical was bad, in fact I liked the movie so much that I couldn't restrain myself from singing its catchy tunes for weeks, but the movie did not hit my extremely high standards for a "classic Disney film", but rather an extremely intriguing tale.

In high respects to the Disney company, Tangled (the movie featuring Rapunzel and the dashing Flynn Rider) was still a better movie than Frozen.Frozen had few memorable songs and the lead male hardly had half of a song to sing featuring a mere acoustic guitar as his backup.Kristen Bell did an excellent job in her role, but I would have to admit that the movie would be nothing without Elsa and the empowering voice of Idina Menzel behind her. The movie needed the comedic relief of Olaf, and Olaf in return gave no lack of character. I laughed, I almost cried, and I loved mostly everything about the film. Sadly though, It does not fall under the "Classic Disney" category, but I highly recommend seeing the movie. For the very little that the movie lacks, the majestic and beautifully empowering Elsa, the fun-spirited Anna, and the hilarious Olaf will definitely make up for it and give you a week-long smile and a song to sing for weeks on end.

No comments:

Post a Comment